So I just finished Your God is Too Boring by Jon Leonetti. It was a good book and an easy read, which is what I like. Each chapter highlights different parts of the Catholic faith, from before its birth to now. The book is moving, it is written to bring the reader back to the basics of the meaning behind Christianity-Catholicism. I picked it up because well it was free..but I read it because I wanted to learn more about my faith and my relationship with God. I learned that the Catholic church is you and me and Jesus. It's rather simple and how by following Jesus's teachings, we can find true happiness on this earth. Easy right, yet not quite. Here are some of the things that stuck with me from reading the book.
1. Do not be afraid
2. You and I share more with the Saints, canonized and otherwise, that we think
3. Selfishness is BORING
Those are the three pieces of wisdom that spoke loudest to me. I hope as I reflect on them in the coming days...years... i will continue to grow in love with God and His spirit within me.
ALTER KHALSY
1 year ago

1 comments:
That sed...
'No, not one soul will perish
who puts their trust in Me'
-Jesus
Cya soon Upstairs...
Post a Comment