About Me

My photo
HI Publishers, Authors, Fellow book reviewers, I'm Nadine and I'm a book-reviewer AND random blogger. If you have a book that needs a third party insight, I'm your girl. Or if you'd just like some shameless blog/book promotion. You can contact me via email [stellargurl93@aim.com] and we can set something up!

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Introducing... BITES

Bites
Donna


When I set out to first do book blogging, I wanted the blog to reflect my style. When I reviewed on my writing blog, I had a tendency of shredding books like a Doberman if I found enough issues with them. So I tossed around a few names and Bites stuck. And I pretty much chomp on books and spit out reviews as my tagline says. More to my style, it's snarky and unique. I'm not a huge fan of following in line of all those daily memes out there so I created a lot of my own; Book Wars, 80s Awesomeness!, Freaky Friday (which was based on a meme Sharon over at Sharon Loves Books and Cats used to do), Things I've Learned from Books. In a world where people tend to blend together, I like to stand out. I speak my mind thoroughly and honestly and I bite my way through blogging the best I can. You can come along for the ride if you're adventurous enough but I'm not for the faint of heart.

What drew you into the book blogging world?

Ulterior motives. :) I've been a writer for a while and I read a few agent blogs. Many of them recommended to start networking publicity sources in advance of selling a book so I started peeking around some book review blogs. What actually got me blogging, though, was when I was turned down for a review program with my writing blog because the publisher wanted strictly review blogs. So I moved all of my reviews from my writing blog to what is now Bites and I've been hooked ever since!

What's your favorite part about book blogging?
Interacting with all of the other book bloggers and sharing my thoughts with the greater reading world. As a self-proclaimed hermit, the pseudo-social interaction is a plus for me. :)

Who's your favorite author?
I have many but Tim O'Brien stands out in my head, as does Stephen King. For YA probably Suzanne Collins, Susan Cooper and Ellen Hopkins. Darren Shan's good too.

What kind of fiction are you into? or are you a nonfiction reader?
Definitely a fiction-phile. :) I like my horror but I've been reading more and more fantasy (as that's what I write). Lately the YA world has been neutered of good horror books of yore so I've been scrounging up old Christopher Pike and RL Stine books to sate my true YA horror appetite. Glitterpires and socially friendly zombies just aren't my thing. I like urban fantasy and, depending on the book, high fantasy (although it's not my favorite cup of tea). Historical fiction piques my interest if the topic's right and, every once in a while, a non-fiction, like the book I just read, Your Neighborhood Gives Me the Creeps by Adam Selzer. It's a sort of mini-autobiography of him getting into the ghost hunting business. Obviously not your typical non-fiction.

If you could change your name what would you go by?
Well that's a rather random question! I do have a pen name but I'm not giving that one up. I like the name Madeline but my name-fondness changes every few years. I'm content with mine although my last name alludes a lot of people. Not sure why. It's entirely phonetic. Nevertheless I'd have telemarketers attempt to pronounce my name and slur into a mumble after the first 4 letters. Ugh.

IF you could have an AWESOME super power what would it be?
Another beacon of randomness. Um, astral projection. It would save on travel expenses.

What is your guilty pleasure?
Cheesy 80s movies (and early 90s movies). They're oh so terrible but my collection's full of them. They're like a drug.

why should I visit your blog?
Because if you don't I'll send Vinny and Johnny to bust your knee caps with their pet sledgehammers? I guess if you're looking for something honest, and perhaps a little snarky, then come on over. I don't sugarcoat anything (which can sometimes equate to some light brutality depending on the opinion) and I'm just going to tell it like it is. Life's too short for anything else. Plus I have 80s Awesomeness! It has 'awesome' in the title therefore it defaults to a win.

And.. anything else you'd like to add?
I don't like Twilight. Twitards (and I'm talking the bat shitty level that maul people at shopping malls for having dissenting opinions and attempt to hump Rpattz's leg should they see him, not your normal fan) beware. I also don't like trolls. Nor anonymous commenters who's a pussy bigger than a 900 pound porn star's and can't tell me I suck while revealing their "face." Trolls and anonynerds will be dealt with using varying levels of snark and intelligence that are, pretty sure, far beyond their comprehension which will make them either A) run away and never come back or B) attempt to bite back using even poorer grammar than the initial offending comment and idiotic come-backs, usually littered with some kind of text talk. I also have Miak if all else fails. You've been warned.

------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to visit Donna at her blog!

If you're interested in being feature on Introducing...YOU email me or leave a comment with you're email and I'll get you set up.

1 comments:

Donna (Bites) said...

Thank you for this! :)

 
Template by freetemplates.blogspot.com